Hand mixers are handy, but are you tired of ramming your blade into the batter and wish to avoid it in the new purchase?
Cakes, cookies, or cream and croissants, all these delicious delights demand softness, smoothness, and silkiness that plain hands do not offer. So, how do you whisk, blend, and beat this tough batter when you are troubled with blade jamming problems?
In the world of cooking, a good gadget is the one providing the most promising features, like being user-friendly, having the least power drainage, effective performance, being budget-friendly, and easy to clean.
It is very hard to find all such qualities in one piece of equipment, but what if we tell you that we have found the best buddy to bake your cakes and cookies easily and in a better way?
To find out more, let’s dig into the KitchenAid Hand Mixer Review and find its worth.
First Look: The Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer
The classic KitchenAid Hand Mixer is a perfect example of elegance with strength. The machine has an expensive appearance with top-notch performance and collective features. The product packaging is done in a compact cardboard box with the product manual. The accessories are separated in canvas storage bags embroidered with the Brand logo giving an elegant feel to the product.
The Package Holds
- Regular beaters
- Dough hook attachments
- Stick blender attachments
Product Details of KitchenAid 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
- Colors available: Empire RedOnyx BlackContour SilverApple RedWhite
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Speed Setting: 9-speed settings
- Dimensions: 3.5x8x6 inches
- Wattage: 85 W
- Price Range: $99.99
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
- Dishwasher-safe parts: Attachments only
How Durable is the KitchenAid Hand Mixer?
This blog holds the product’s information by testing it physically, and KitchenAid Hand Mixer Review is relevant in context to the actuality. The KitchenAid Hand Mixer is lighter and easy to handle with a strong grip and balance.
1. Speed Test
The mixer can work at nine different speeds controlled by electronic control. The control works by touching the UP and DOWN arrows. The slow speed starts from 1 to 3 units of the mixer and is perfect for whipping the icing sugar or buttercream as it is fully controllable and won’t let the batter spill out.
Next, from 3 to 7 units are the mid-range of the mixer, giving a good spin well enough to mix the eggs and flour firmly. Lastly, 8 to 9 units, the highest speed of the mixer, is very ferocious and requires a little more grip to prevent slippage. The speed is enough to mix the bread dough in very less time.
2. Performance Test
Making a Cake Batter: Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer Review
The beaters were switched out by the Ejection Button. The locking function on the cable is very useful for holding the whisk and separating it from the machine without causing a mess.
The speed of mixing the batter was relatively greater, which caused less time to prepare it. Overall, the experience was quite fun and easy.
Making a Cookie Dough: KitchenAid Hand Mixer Review
We all know that cookie-making involves mixing at different levels. This mixer made it all much easier with its features of multitasking. The mixer was able to beat up the sugar and butter together and then the dough.
The butter and cream were easily mixed at low speed. It was easy to hold the machine in one hand while mixing. Next, the Cocoa powder was also evenly blended into the batter, giving it a delicious look and mouth-watering smell.
3. Cleaning Test
The KitchenAid Hand Mixer Review ensures that all the accessories are easily ejectable from the mixer and are Dishwasher Safe while hand washing with detergent is more suitable for cleaning the corners of the whisks and beaters. The motor parts, wires, and power cords can be wiped out, and that’s how super easy the cleaning process is.
For a deeper mess, switch off the units, take a damp cloth, wipe out all the dirt, and again wipe it with a dry cloth and store it. The canvas bags provided with the product are hygienic to store, but a plastic container instead of fabric would be more appropriate in order to avoid moisture.
4. Appearance and Functions
The KitchenAid Hand Mixer Reviews the body to be very lightweight and easy to hold. It minimizes the shaking at high speed and avoids spilling out the batter.
The polycarbonate body with bright colors is not only for showing off but has built-in air vents to cool down the motor. This increases the working motor leading to longer usage. The vents are evenly distributed to keep airflow away from the bowl.
This low-wattage motor also maintains a solid torque to break into thick doughs and even to mash vegetables. This specialty makes it an all-rounder and one-of-a-kind in the market.
5. Soft Start: Making It the Winner
This feature should be the reason to award KitchenAid for observing the real problems of the mixers.
We all have experienced the ‘Food on the Ceiling’ at least once. This is the basic problem of the mixers. Their high speed gets vigorous initially. This instant rush in the speed causes the dry ones to blow out and the wet ones to splatter everywhere.
KitchenAid Hand Mixer introduces the feature ‘ SOFT START’ to help us out. The feature gradually brings the rpm up to the selected speed rather than actually working at that speed.
This helps to take over the control of the ingredients and ease the movement of the mixer across them.
Pros and Cons of The Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer
- Heroic Performances: Its robust motor is strong enough to blend up the vegetables for lunch and mix up the dough for the desserts.
- All-Rounder Presentation: The KitchenAid Hand mixer amazes us not only by its feature of 9 different speed levels but with its range of different accessories suitable for kneading, blending, mixing, and whisking.
- Compact and Portable: As a hand mixer, it is very lightweight and small, making it convenient to store and use for a long time without stress.
- Easy to Clean: With the ejecting accessories feature, it is much easier to clean the accessories separately and wipe out the motor without letting the water in. Also, the machines are dishwasher safe, making the cleaning process easier.
- Limits Mixing Capacity: As the mixer is smaller in size, its mixing capacity is limited and so it is not suitable for mixing large batches. However, it is appropriate for household purposes.
- Noisy Functioning: The KitchenAid Hand Mixer releases noise, especially at high-speed levels, which is bearable. But people sensitive to loud noise should check it beforehand.
- Short Lengthed Cords: There could be difficulty in plugging due to the short length of the mixer cords. It may happen due to different outlets of power supply in different houses. However, additional extension cords could be used instead.
- A bit overpriced: The KitchenAid Hand Mixer imparts premium quality and signifies the best in the market. But the price range of the mixer may not fit into everybody’s budget.
Deciphering Comparisons: Unveiling the Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer Review
There’s a wide range of hand mixers from KitchenAid which fulfills almost the same features at different price ranges. Let’s have a look:
1. KitchenAid 9-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II and Pro Whisk
The above-mentioned details and features fit well in this product. It is handy, holds 9 unit speed range, and comes with different accessories – a beater, whisks, dough hooks, and stick blenders.
2. Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
This 9-unit speed range mixer is also available with the same features and accessories, with the addition of a spatula and a snap-on storage case.
3. Breville Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer
This mixer is much larger and stronger in comparison to the KitchenAid Hand mixer. It comes with a pause button, mixing light, and a count-up timer, which makes it much more fascinating.
The KitchenAid Mixer helps you in creating various delicacies to enjoy on various occasions. The hand mixer streamlines the process of baking, preparing, and ensures that the best is served to your guests, which they will remember forever. With a variety of speed settings and functions, this is a perfect choice for your home.
The slow start feature is truly amazing for beginners. The speed range is also perfect for multitasking, and the attachments are a boon for baking. The product is worth the price, and one could not get a better option in this range with so much versatility.
We hope that this KitchenAid Hand Mixer Review imparts you valuable information and helps you choose one baking companion for your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer Come with a Warranty?
Yes, the KitchenAid hand mixer comes with a warranty. Different models may vary in terms and duration. It is a must to check the warranty information before buying the product.
Is It Possible to Adjust the Height of The Beaters?
No, it is not possible to adjust the heights of the beaters. But, the beaters from the KitchenAid Hand Mixers are designed at a universal size length to reach the end of most of the bowls.