A pitcher pump used with a sand point (also known as drive well points) can provide water without electricity from a shallow well of 25’ or less with a yield up to 3 GPM. It’s a good quality, yet inexpensive, alternative for getting water for the family during a short-term emergency. Installing a sand point well with a pitcher pump is easier than you might think. Please see this informative document by Wisconsin Department Of Natural Resources to learn more about installing and using sand point wells.
Quality products by Merrill Manufacturing™ of Storm Lake, Iowa.
All pump kits include *free UPS ground shipping.
Kit includes 1 1/4″ x 24″ sand point with stainless steel jacket and 80 gauze for medium sand, heavy duty pitcher pump, 6 – 1 1/4″ extra-heavy-duty drive couplings and 1 – 1 1/4″ drive cap for a 30′ water well. *Six lengths of 1 1/4″ x 5′ galvanized pipe are purchased locally.
- Cast iron body with internal pump cylinder
- Replaceable internals
- Molded rubber flapper seal
- Molded rubber cup seal
- Max. lift 25 ft
- Longer life pump cylinder components
- Great for a 1-1/4″ sand point well
Pitcher pump is beautifully constructed and is both functional and decorative. Open spout, base tapped for 1-1/4″ female internal pipe threads.
NOTE: Approximate water yield is 3 gallons per minute/per square inch of screen area.
- Can be driven into all types of soil
- For areas where the water table is shallow. Not intended for installation in areas of large or solid rock.
- Stainless steel jacket over stainless steel gauze, welded to a perforated steel pipe
- Individually bagged
- Comes with No. 80 (for medium sand) gauze
- No lead
Includes – 1-1/1/4″ Drive Cap – Malleable alloy for high strength needed to drive well points. Inside space of cap prevents damage to pipe threads. Small vent hole in top of cap for air flow during driving. Only one is needed.
*Free shipping only within contiguous United States. Please contact us if shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Internationally or to upgrade shipping class.